Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Immobiliser and central locking problems

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 2nd July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Immobiliser and central locking problems

Hi everyone. for the past week my remote locking decided to play silly buggers. to make matters worse i was 200 miles from home on holiday. well the locking lasted the week although i had to be very close for the remote to work. the tell tale light on the key was working but i changed the batteries all the same but still no difference. anyway me and the family got home with no problems but when i had unloaded the car and went to lock it the thing refused to lock although the light was still coming on. i then logged onto this thread and decided to check if my key needed to be re programmed. i dismantled the key to find the keycode and then i found that the small transmitter that is soldered to the little circuit board had come unsoldered. i decided to re solder it and see if it worked. someone must have been looking down on me as it now works perfect. no messing about inputting codes, just a quick solder job and hey presto. at least i saved over 150.
Currently in krazykev's garage:
2010 Citroen C3 Picasso 1600hdi VTR+
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome