Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1 - Brake Lights Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: brake light problem (mk1 '94 clio)

Hi again mate. No not really, just few months. Bought it needing a bit of work but not enything electrical. Checked all lights when I bought it just in case, old car and all. Then I took it to a garage to have the clutch fixed and the clutch pedal replaced and when I got it back the steering wheel was on wonky (When wheels lined up straight) and after getting it home I noticed the break lights weren't working. I have had it off the road as a project as that was what I originally intended it for and have told the garage about the wheel which they will fix as soon as I can be arsed to take it down there, they're not too bad. I have now done the lights I think, The switch wasn't connected( wandered what the loose connector was when I was wiring in the When I plugged the switch in and poked my head under the dash noticed that switch ddidn't even touch the pedal as it too far back forward and the pedal was too far back! Anyway, I have undone the pedal and turned the rod which it connects to in an attempt to move the pedal further forward (Believe this helps) and have also have pushed the switch in to its mount fully so it now makes contact with the pedal. Should work as it does depress the switch about half way. Will have to wait until I fix the alternator but I think its sorted. Won't be much longer til she's back on the road where she belongs. Slung some new 'Ground Zero' front components and matching rear 8" three way's in there for good measure. Sounds amazing. Will keep you posted really appreciate the help. Thanks mate, Adam.
Currently in sunchman's garage:
clio mk1 rt 1.4 energy
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome