Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can I calibrate reversing sensors?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Can I calibrate reversing sensors?

This months ailment on the Lag was the reversing sensors packing up - well the sounder and CPU unit.

Faced with the prospect of actually having to look where I was going (perish the thought) the good old warranty was called upon and is stumping up the replacement cost.

Only problem I have is that since installation yesterday, it leave the beeps to a lot later before sounding at all or quickening up to a constant "stop now you idiot" wail.

Is there a way of calibrating these things?

My Garage wasn't aware, they 'just installed the new box', so I am looking for help here.

They do still work, but I got into a habit of knowing the 'bleeping distance' to the object behind and it would be better after three years, if I didn't have to start all over again

Pinickity I know, but is anybody able to help?

Ta muchly

Currently in Fabes's garage:
sold the most unreliable cars ever owned - Good bloody bye to them
  5 Lastest Threads by Fabes
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane - indoor pool Interiors Fabes 6 2349 26th October 2006 04:50 PM
rotating wheels on a Lag 2 Wheels & tyres Lagdti 11 2219 11th August 2006 03:39 PM
Can I calibrate reversing sensors? Electronics Fabes 2 1332 19th July 2006 12:01 PM
Recall - Renault Laguna II EGR today Engines mr.ed 5 2364 14th June 2006 08:13 PM
Parking sensor failure L2 Electronics SportTourer 1 1334 20th May 2006 05:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome