Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can I repair my Cat C Accident Damaged Laguna II 2.0 DCi Initiale Sports Tourer

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Can I repair my Cat C Accident Damaged Laguna II 2.0 DCi Initiale Sports Tourer

Originally Posted by brumgav View Post

Recently, some kind person decided to plough into the offside front of my car(he was attempting to turn right). The car is an 06 place 2.0 DCi Initiale Sports Tourer with 86K miles on which the insurance have decided to write off. The car still drives (slowly) despite the offside front wheel being pushed back and in, the drivers door is badly damaged and the O/S front wing needs replacing.

Looking at the damage I think it could easily be repaired and back on the road in no time, but as Im only a DIY mechanic, I'm not too sure.

Here is a picture of the car with the damage.

Uploaded with

Is there anyone local to Cannock area of the midlands who could have a quick look to see how much work it would need. I'd be happy to offer a drink to anyone who could have a look and give me some sound advise before I send it off for scrapping. It would be such a waste, there is hardly anything wrong with it.

Hope someone can help.

Hi and welcome to the forum. From my recolection a Cat C write off can be repaired. I have bought and repaired a couple of Lagunas and helped repair numerous others. Obviously it is very difficult to see via the photos but you seem quite right in as much as not too much damage has been sustained. It WILL have to be looked at by an expert but I am sure it's not too bad. Once / if you get it repaired you will have to get it inspected. It is basically a very thourogh M.O.T. and all the repairs will be checked an tested.

The only main area of concern as far as I can see maybe the front doorpost / bulkhead . I hope this helps. Keep us informed and good luck with it. Kind regards Oily

I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings:D "
Currently in Oilyrag's garage:
59 Vauxhall Zaffira 1.6 Life & 1957 Austin A35
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome