Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #398 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

Hi, looks this will run and run, I was driving my Scenic 02 today and looked in wing mirror and wondered why it had moved, went to adjust it and saw the large melting hole under the switch.

This while driving at 60 mph in howling gale and driving rain along A9 with my 3 year old in the back.

Luckily it didn't catch light and I was able to drive for 15 mins to find a garage in Perth. Sadly not one was open, except Kwik Fit who looked at it and advised me to disconnect it myself. Thank you Kwik Fit, really thank you. For nothing.

Finally got home and realised the mirror motors where still whirring, still live! So much for the fuse eh! Thanks to your forum, and iPhone, managed to find the fuse and pulled it, motors stopped and hopefully worse damage avoided.

Having seen pictures up on here I realise how lucky I was and that it didn't happen with my son strapped in his seat which he was this morning while I popped back into the house for something.

I'm going to try local dealer first thing and see what they will do, don't want to complicate matters with insurance companies just yet. Will let you know what happens.

Good work Fireball and everyone one who helped get RUK to do something about it.
Currently in pyrogenius's garage:
61 Grand Scenic 1.5
The Following User Says Thank You to pyrogenius For This Useful Post:
scenicfire (29th September 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome