Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vibrations -engine and stearing

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Took the car to tyre guys and they balanced all four tyres and it appears that the vibration while driving has gone ,but the vibration comes back when car is still and rpm is below 1000 ,as soon as i put AC on which brings the rmp more than 1000 the vibration goes away ,took the car to renault and he said could be misfiring so they need to check ..

Could it be the ignition coils ,I checked and took each one out one by one while car running and in all cases was able to see that the engine difference so appears the coils are ok ,Can the coils be at fault ,I never had a loss of power though .

also when replacing the plugs ,noticed some petrol above one of the plugs ,could this be combustion chamber damage and so misfiring ,the cold start takes some time and it misses in the morning and when starting from cold ,on hot start it is ok .

Another question maybe silly can you put a dci 1.9 engine in a petrol one ide 2.0 .they look same ,is this possible ))
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome