Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can I repair my Cat C Accident Damaged Laguna II 2.0 DCi Initiale Sports Tourer

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Can I repair my Cat C Accident Damaged Laguna II 2.0 DCi Initiale Sports Tourer

Thanks for all the replies.

There was no damage made from the kerb, in fact, its a dropped kerb which I rolled up just to get the car out of the way of the road.

The damage occured from quite an impact from the the other car which hit me at approx a 80-90 degree angel, he was attempting to turn right and hadn't waited until I had passed.

I don't know alot about cars but I think the track rod is bent, also, the large dark cast metal hub assemble which is attached the the brake disc has a broken at the top, completly sheared off, although the lack of space for the assembly to move is holding it all together.

I've attached another picture which may show a little better detail.

I'll go and try and take some pictures to show the track rod and hub assembly.

Insurance is all settled, I didnt actually go through my insurance but used an accident management company (who were happy to take it on as the other driver was clearly to blame). So, the 3rd party has admitted full liability (after an attempt to blame me) and I have since received a cheque to cover my written off car. The accident management company suggested I might get 840.00 as salvage!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laguna2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	10518  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome