Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice for replacing family car

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Advice for replacing family car

Cheers Vel, like the 6 seats. I have a teenager and a 3 year old to consider and probably another one in the future if Mrs Pyro gets her way ;-)

Teenager already likes to bring friends along so the extra room would be welcome.

I am living 10m out of town hence the 20 mile commute and bus service isn't up it with kids doing so much after school so car is essential. That would make annual mileage about 10k adding on holiday excursions and family visiting. So diesel might not be essential anymore. Manual drive fine too.

I like the MPV style, sitting higher up and so do the kids. I also would consider myself a boring driver, will cruise at 60mph in the left hand lane saving fuel while letting others whizz by so comfort and quietness high priority over speed and handling. Hey I already drive a Scenic :-) (get me on a go kart or track and things are different though)

Also low cost of servicing etc. Not much spare cash for anything right now which is why Scenics seem to still tick the boxes, would like to try Japanese but expensive initially. Are the new Scenics up it reliability wise?

Would I get 2k for mine at the moment? I think that might be pushing it so with a 6000 budget including what I would get off selling the Scenic might leave me to find about 4.5k.

I don't even mind about the spec, haven't had air-con in a car for a while and it just can add to the expense of servicing etc.

Don't care about the colour, mine is basic white at the moment. (or off white as it needs a clean)

I have always liked the Scenics ability to take out the seats really quickly and I've had all sorts of things in the back so I would miss that.

Anything else? I'm 183cm, size 9, 32" inside leg. :-)
Currently in pyrogenius's garage:
61 Grand Scenic 1.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome