Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Genuine Parts Return Policy

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Genuine Parts Return Policy

Hi all,

Renault Clio 1.5Dci

Ive recently had an oil leek from back of my cyclinder head and located it to a pipe that goes from the turbo to the back of the head!

Bought a 'O' ring thinkin that leak was getting through but turned out the pipe has a split an needed whole new pipe!

Phoned up Renault (local dealer) and tried with my little knowledge of what i needed that i wanted a part that goes from the turbo to the cylinder head! Cost me 32 over the phone they took payment...

Collected yesterday and it was the wrong part, (no problem i thought just send it back an ill order the correct one?) how wrong i was!

The guy wouldnt take the part back an refund it so i could buy the other? said he could put it on the shelf but sells 1 a year an therefore cant possibly send it back to renualt???

Is this a correct policy??? Where do i stand with my consumer rights??? Surely a part that i ordered over the phone an then saw was the wrong part i have a right to not take it an get a refund???

I just need to know what people think as im goin to go down the trading standards route as i feel they have messed me around enough.

Your thoughts are much appreciated
Currently in jazinio's garage:
Mercedes CLC 180k Auto, Clio 1.5Dci

Last edited by Devils Laguna; 7th July 2010 at 03:21 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by jazinio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Genuine Parts Return Policy Cars & motoring mord 4 3416 7th July 2010 02:48 PM
Oil Leak Renault Clio 2003 1.5 DCi Engines Smokingman 3 6367 29th June 2010 11:05 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome