Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 52 leaking

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Re: Renault Clio 52 leaking

If the tubes are all connected properly you'll need to get the roof open (after you've removed all the silicone ) and pour some water down each drain hole to see if it exits at the wheel arches! Do one at a time facing down hill to test the front drain holes and uphill to test the rear drainholes. If you get no water exiting or can see it coming back out of the top of the tube then try pushing a decent length of curtain wire down the holes to remove any crud thats accumulated!

If you've done that and still have the problem, try pouring water over the top seal of the windscreen and see if any water is getting in. You'll need a friend/family member to help here.

Don't discount the rear mounted arial as water has a very annoying knack of getting in in one place and looking like it's coming from a completely different part of the car. As an example, I had a wet rear footwell in my old Laguna. The water had been entering through the rubber grommet where the wires run from the bootlid to the roof lining and had travelled down the rear piller, along the side of the boot, under the rear seats and into the footwell. It was only by shear chance on a heavily rainy day that I leaned over the back to get a book when I noticed a wet spot on the roof lining.....this was after around 9 months of searching for the leak

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome