Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Display interface for after-fit stereo

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Display interface for after-fit stereo

Hi everyone.

I have a 2002 Laguna II Expression with the "Tuner List" stereo, and I want to install a different head unit with iPod control. Natutrally I want to keep the remote stalk and (if possible) the dash display, although this is not essential.

The new head unit is a Kenwood which I took from my previous car, which is compatible with steering controls (I had it connected in a Xsara)

I've read all the articles and previous threads etc on the forum, and followed the links above to the Car Audio Direct website.

My questions are:

1) There are 3 possible connectors listed for the Laguna II, which one is the correct one for my car?
I'm thinking it's the middle of these three, but I want to be certain before I order.
And will it work with my dash display?

2) I've changed quite a few stereos in the past, but is there anything special I need to know about the Laguna?
Or is it as straightforward as other cars (including using standard ISO connectors)?

3) Will changing the stereo myself upset the car electronics in any way? If I disconnect the battery (as many people recommend) will I need to have a system reset at a Renault dealer? Or should I not bother disconnecting (which I've rarely done in the past)?

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot from website:
Currently in pitmonster's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.8 16v Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome