Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #85 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

Hi and enjoying this thread which I did not know exists.
I got my laguna at 80k but it's only at 189k that I have had to to sort out the first engine related prob. Black smoke - injection warning light - loss of power and they have replaced the cylinder head cover . . . power seems back on. Had checked EGR which was not the prob. I had thought it was the clutch slipping when power was uneven. . . THe thread is a learning curve for me on the laguna's turbo , intercooler, EGR probs . . . which I hope are not forthcoming! One final question - there is a slight exhaust knock ? when starting up - any ideas? This is the first time I have a 150 for a 2l diesel. Same garage took care of my 1988 espace 2.1l turbo diesel (only 88hp) which got to 400k and a 1996 ulysse turbo diesel 2.1 (110 hp) which managed 350k. Both engines and turbos had no work done whatsoever. I wonder if all the electronic management is causing more probs than solutions??? (I actually had the first ford baby diesel 1.6D all cast iron which got to 500k ! ! )
THanks for the invaluable stuff again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laguna_engine300.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	10589  
Currently in fatpigeonstudios's garage:
2004 laguna II 2.2dci estate all options
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome