Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parts Warrenty

Thread: Parts Warrenty
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Parts Warrenty

In december last year I finlly got my Laguna back after several months in the garage, apparently it took my mechanic a long time to figure out that the fuel pressure regulator was faulty in my 2l IDE , good job he was doing it in his spare time. Since then it has pretty much gone down hill to the point I had to buy another car to get around in as my car has got exactly the same issues and them some, cutting out when hot and going into limp mode, wont rev over 2000 when it's been running for about a minute, revs constantly dip as if it's trying to stall when in idle.

When my car started to go wrong again, it was exactly the same as before it went into the garage in the 1st place, so I am presuming it must be the new part which is faulty and have tried to get Renault to get me a new one which they agreed to on certain conditions.....

I take the car to them,
They do the work,
if the replacement doesn't solve the issue I pay them for it, which is obviously not cheep,
And I also then pay for any extra work they carry out on the car to get it fixxed.

Surely if the part is under warrenty, i should just be able to take it back to the garage that did the work in the 1st place and they shoudl be able to get the replacement part off Renault under the warrenty or am I wrong?
Currently in danny710's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna 2l dreaded IDE, 2006 Grand Scenic 1.5 dci, Seat Leon 1.9 TDI
  5 Lastest Threads by danny710
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Parts Warrenty Cars & motoring saabguy 8 4351 14th July 2010 10:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome