Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II brakes

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hi again , all went well with the service - I even ended up with the fully synthetic engine oil ! I managed to "convince" them to give me the service for 161 rather than the 188 they originally quoted
Seatbelt recall carried out ok.
They couldn't find the source of the rattle from the front suspension, but the technician said he gave all the bolts a general tighten up and it seems to have cured the noise
The brakes are still sqealing but not as bad as they were - apparently they gave them a wee "clean up" ??
The door strips are now secured properly.
The clutch pedal didn't stick down when they tested it, but it did when I took the car for a run with the technician ! Sods law eh He said there is a recall covering this but my car didn't fall into the affected numbers. When they test for it, they pump the pedal 50 times and if it sticks once they'll fit a new master cylinder & return spring.
I've still got plenty time left on the warranty so if anything rears it's head again, then back it goes to the workshop.

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome