Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Hesitation problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Azz Send a message via Yahoo to Azz
Renault Laguna II - Hesitation problems

Morning all,

Ok, I kept getting a hesitation around 1800rpm and 3000rpm, sometimes quite violent. First I thought I would clean the EGR valve, but it snapped in half so I replaced it.

Then, I read on here about problems with the MAF sensor and if you unplug it and it goes away, there is the problem. So I did and it went, car was a lot better.

I fitted a brand new MAF sensor last night, went for a drive and it was hesitating again. Took it for a blast and the hesitation seemed to go, car was pulling a lot better than before.

This morning though, it seems to be back again.

Would anyone have any ideas? It went when the MAF sensor was unplugged, so to me that says it was getting faulty readings. Would the ECU just need time to learn the new settings from the MAF sensor? Would the ECU need to be reset or something?

Thanks in advance, I am going away tomorrow so could do with it being sorted by then.

Currently in Azz's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sports Tourer Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by Azz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
lLaguna 1.9dci problem Engines Azz 2 1071 24th June 2010 03:06 PM
Lag 2 a/c not working Heating & cooling Pete730 4 1293 28th April 2008 11:08 AM
Laguna II - Brake System Failure? Wheels & tyres madnoel10 5 3461 23rd November 2007 10:19 PM
No accelerator pedal response? Engines Azz 8 2515 26th July 2007 11:58 AM
Boost Pressure Regulator Solenoid Engines ALGO 3 2306 2nd June 2007 07:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome