Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 54 Clio MKII - Sunroof Glass on Metal Tapping

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 54 Clio MKII - Sunroof Glass on Metal Tapping

Well I can report that replacing the tubing has sorted the problem. I tried removing the handle however its not really possible without breaking the spindle end where you need to put the rubber on.

It appears theres a lot of internal plastic clips.

For the record the bulkier end of the handle can be removed by putting a flat head screwdriver under the plastic tab and pulling it up to rest on the handle. Then you have to twist the handle around to get to the second tab (keep the handle under tension or the clip pops back in as you rotate causing much aggro).

I couldn't figure out the spindle end more than there is a plastic spacer that goes inside the handle casing and theres nothing to poke to get it off. If you really brute forced it you could probably snap it off but then whats the use in that?

Thanks again for the heads up, I didn't equate "creaking" with the glass on metal tapping I kept getting.

For anyone else looking B&Q do some poly tubing thats approx 15mm in diameter and 3mm thick. This is just slightly thinner (in thickness) than the Renault fitted black tubing. Its £1.85/metre but if you get a friendly assistant you can get away with 2inches for free!
Currently in MezzFA0's garage:
2009 Clio Mk III
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome