Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Tourer II - Fuel injector fault

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2006
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna ide garages west yorks lumpy idle

Originally Posted by h4orth
Morning ide man

Yes, it's the 2.0 ide unit. I live in the Leeds area and if there is another suitable garage in the area I would be interested to hear.

You mention disconnecting the battery etc but to make sure I have the codes. Other than the radio, what other codes would I need?

I'll have a look at the other posts you mention.

Many thanks

I have used Reg Vardy Harrogate they were excellent at finding a really tricky electrical fault they were clear and to the point . Car went in one hour later phone call we have found your fault and told me exactly what was wrong and gave me a price . They then went onto tell me they had done a full inspection of the vehicle and sorted out a few thing free I repeat free of charge
Before taking my car here I had taken it to another local renault garage and they had quoted me 400 pound to do a diagnostic check on the wireing .
Renault Harrogate bill was 80 for work and replacing part of the wiring loom .
If you do decide to take it there dont except first quote for work done haggle as they knocked me 40 off .

My friend who has the same car as me was told off another Renault garage that his injectors needed replacing 600 I told him to get a second opinon at this garage he got told at this garage it was fuel pressure reg replaced it no more problems what was intresting is they told him the ide engine has this problem which can cause the lumpy idle and that this can make you get a low compression making you think your engine is knackered .
So definetly worth getting a second opinon .

If you do heaer of a good independent let me know .

Thanks hope this helps ide man
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome