Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

I totally understand re the garage being polite but not haivng been quite truthful when they told you numerous times that they were confident with a petrol Vel Satis.

At least yours came back with its undertray still on, I presume? The Renault place I took mine to for its service etc kept my undertray along with other customers', "in case anyone claimed them." I promptly told them to put it back on, as they're not cheap and do protect the car!

And re the shunt into D, I've lived with it for a while, and Hugh (hugh121 on here) has lived with his shunt on his Avantime for years and it's not got worse, so perhaps bury heads in the sand like we have? It's better if you gentle blip the accelerator pedal before shifting into D, by the way. Try it and it may lessen the jolt, even if it is masking something bigger. Probably cheaper to get a refurn SU1 gearbox than to get a new throttle pot, solenoid or similar.
The Following User Says Thank You to hu88ertvelsat For This Useful Post:
Wile7 (22nd July 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome