Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Bodyshop repair gone wrong.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II Bodyshop repair gone wrong.

First time post....

My 05 Laguna Extreme II DCi has been to insurance recommended repair shop TWICE now....and still not right!!

The plastic trim/moulding on the rear passenger door came back first time Jet Black while the rest of the car is an anthrcyte speck grey colour(face lift model).....They brought the car back today with both front and rear drivers side trim/moulding sprayed a shiny silver greyish colour with a horendous know the sort you could do in a desert, in a sand storm.......
Heres the thing the moulding wasnt damaged or needing repair just the bottom of the door and rear wheel arch/sill area.
they have now told me that all moulding need to be painted and mine looks "fresh" until the colour dies down a bit. i,m not best pleased, called local renault dealer parts and they said "no thats not the doesnt need painting". A family friend(30 years Bodyshop owner) has agreed with the dealer and not my insurance company's authorised repairer.

Has or does anyone have a similar spec car and ever need to replace a damaged moulding...I know a new piece will look a bit out of place till it gets scuffed up a bit but a the very least it should colour match the rest of the mouldings on the car?

i think the repairer has messed up , then messed up again and is now trying to fob me off.

PS The car has been polished to within an inch of its life and came back with a broken side repeater on the passenger door(never noticed before) and the repairer says "I look at things like that every day and thats old damage....em?? at least 3 months old....???How can he tell???

Northern Ireland
Currently in piper2471013's garage:
2005 Laguna II 1.9DCi EXTREME(Face lift)
  5 Lastest Threads by piper2471013
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 1.9 Dci Extreme (facelift) Electronics qwakers 1 819 16th December 2010 10:32 AM
Laguna II Bodyshop repair gone wrong. Bodywork madnoel10 2 1395 22nd July 2010 06:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome