Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Bodyshop repair gone wrong.

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Laguna II Bodyshop repair gone wrong.

Originally Posted by piper2471013 View Post

First time post....

My 05 Laguna Extreme II DCi has been to insurance recommended repair shop TWICE now....and still not right!!

The plastic trim/moulding on the rear passenger door came back first time Jet Black while the rest of the car is an anthrcyte speck grey colour(face lift model).....They brought the car back today with both front and rear drivers side trim/moulding sprayed a shiny silver greyish colour with a horendous know the sort you could do in a desert, in a sand storm.......
Heres the thing the moulding wasnt damaged or needing repair just the bottom of the door and rear wheel arch/sill area.
they have now told me that all moulding need to be painted and mine looks "fresh" until the colour dies down a bit. i,m not best pleased, called local renault dealer parts and they said "no thats not the doesnt need painting". A family friend(30 years Bodyshop owner) has agreed with the dealer and not my insurance company's authorised repairer.

Has or does anyone have a similar spec car and ever need to replace a damaged moulding...I know a new piece will look a bit out of place till it gets scuffed up a bit but a the very least it should colour match the rest of the mouldings on the car?

i think the repairer has messed up , then messed up again and is now trying to fob me off.

PS The car has been polished to within an inch of its life and came back with a broken side repeater on the passenger door(never noticed before) and the repairer says "I look at things like that every day and thats old damage....em?? at least 3 months old....???How can he tell???

Northern Ireland
Hi Ian and a very warm welcome to the forum. This is quite common I'm affraid. I had a similar experience a few years back with a nearly new Zaffira. The laquer had great runs in it and part of the door trim was missing + the interior looked like it had been inside a coal mine Have you any photographic evidence of the car before or imediatley after the accident? As far as I am aware it is the legal obligation of the repairers to return the car in as good a state as it was prior to the accident. If you are unhappy in any way shape or form please don't hesitate to make yourself heard loudly and clearly. It certainly seems that you are trying to be fobbed off with an unsatisfactory repair. As to having things replaced that weren't damaged in the accident again this is quite common. I guess they may have taken to "OLD" piece off to hide a paintline or something similar. I would take it back and complain again I'm affraid. I hope this helps. Oily

I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings:D "
Currently in Oilyrag's garage:
59 Vauxhall Zaffira 1.6 Life & 1957 Austin A35
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome