Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 23rd July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

Not wanting to butt in, but I have also recently bought a 3.5 Vel Satis, off good old fleabay. I did much research on this forum and elswhere before taking the plunge and buying the car unseen and having never even sat in one........
Good call I think - the car is an absolute treasure, and touch wood at the moment everything works - even the tyre pressure sensors! I am getting 25 ish on local runs and gentle trips out, while I get used to it. It is quite a novelty to be able to have a conversation in hushed tones at 70mph, and for my son (6'3") to be able to sit in the back and have enough leg room! I would be very grateful for any advice/tips on maintenance, as I would like to try and at least understand the car, even if I don't service it always myself. Things like 'How to change the air filter and cabin filter' for instance. I have found the location of the oil filter (er yes...) which will be fun to change, but then there is something of a perverse pleasure in these things. I have a local main agent Renault dealer locally, but again they seem to think the car will need a cambelt at 8 years old, and it was only one of the mechanics who confirmed that it was a chain drive engine to the service receptionist. I specifically chose the 3.5 to make sure I didn't have cambelt worries! Hey ho.... One final thing, would anyone know how many 3.5 Initiale's there are in GB, before I start getting paranoid about spares? Regards, Steve (dpress)
Currently in dpress's garage:
Renault Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome