Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Brakes - Part numbers required

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2006
5th wheel
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by matt_dci
Same make as mine!

Not sure how much clearance there is between the caliper and the inner wheel, but if it's pretty close then I would imagine a bigger pad could foul the wheel.

Did you find the pads fitted ok? or were they a bit of a tight fit?
matt,a nextdoor neighbour is an machine setter operator,he had a set of measure callipers in his tool box,we measured the difference,the new pads were 4.5mm bigger than originals.anyhow went to reno this morning waited while the bloke served another customer,he then compared the pads,HE THEN ADMITTED HE SOLD ME THE WRONG PADS,as a goodwill gesture he replaced the pads with a set he got from the stores,the new pads were in a clear plastic bag with all leaflets,and debited my card with the full amount.i went home had a breckie+cuppa mrs and kids were going swimming at 11.30,now the chance to tackle the brakes,fitted nearside,spun the wheel great,fitted offside tried to spin the wheel guess what,took the wheel off removed the pads compared them. one same size as the ones returned.swearing,ranting,onto the phone to bloody reno,sorry the spares dept has gone home no body is available till monday,gave my mobile she assured me someone will ring me on monday,went to a motor factors,bought another set and fitted first time,32.00,can't wait for monday,also the customer in front of me wanted a new wheel trim,he looked it up on the sreen a choice of 4 the woman not sure which one,he went out to the car with her,got one from the stores 20.00 5mins later the woman came back in the trim didn't fit, off out for a pint or 2 or 10.

Currently in 5th wheel's garage:
56 focus c.max 1.6 zetec / 07 6x2 440A M.A.N
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome