Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #152 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Hi all,
I own a '02 Laguna Expression, and basically, except for some idling problems, I haven't had any hesitation or "Check engine" signs. However...
Lately, I've noticed a lot of black smoke coming from the exhaust when accelerating and I thought I should check EGR out. As I suspected, EGR is totally clogged - I have managed to clean most of the carbon residue from the intake manifold, but I haven't taken EGR out yet (I need to buy carb cleaner and copper paste, then, I'll clean it).
Anyway, even though the repair service told me my idling problems are caused by a bad common rail pressure sensor (don't really know where that is), I'm still hoping most of them will disappear when I clean the EGR out.
Just thought to say hi to all of you and share my problem - if there weren't for this thread, I would probably blow my turbo one more time... (yes, it was already blown once), so... big thanks from me guys.
Currently in jimmy274's garage:
2007 Renault Megane II 1.6 16v Grandtour
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome