Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

Wile7 Dave & Hugh - as Hugh says, there was also a software update, but the Renault Technical Experts I've spoken to tell me that although the software update often got rid of the Drive Shunt, it actually created another shunt, this time when down-shifting from 3rd to 2nd or similar. So I'd rather have a shunt when initially setting off, then frequently whilst driving. You may know or find out more than me, but I just wanted to share that info.

Dpress - welcome to the forum! All the Vel Satis drivers who are new on here seem to be in the south. Where are you based as I'm a VS diesel owner near Rochdale, Lancs, and could share a few experiences of good and bad garages, etc. But it may be irrelevant to you. Hope you're enjoying your petrol ownership!

Re MPG, I usually get 44 mpg from my 3.0 diesel Vel, but the air con does make a difference, reducing the mpg to about 41 or 42. But last night, I put some Millers Eco Max injector cleaner additive in, along with Shell V-Power, and the car felt much livelier and even with the air con on, on a hilly motorway journey, I got 46 mpg on average, doing fairly decent speeds.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome