Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale Newbie

Dave, I followed your excellent instructions and removed the filter yesterday. New one bought at my dealer today, and will be installed after work. Beats me why they specify such a long service interval for the filter - my car has only done 32K, the filter fitted must have been done at the service in 2006 when it had 14K on the clock, and yet it is as dusty as you could imagine. Has got to be worth a mile or two per gallon. I will be changing it ever 2 years regardless from now on. I can confirm that you do have to take it all to bits to see if the filter is dirty, so best to have one 'in stock' before doing so, as it is a bit of a performance. For those enquiring I am down in South Somerset, although the car (originally supplied in Dorset) had ended up in Nottinghamshire before coming to me. Re fuel consumption, I think the climate sucks at least 2 mpg when on, but I can't figure out if you can have a normal fan on without the climate. I will have to look at the handbook again tonight - but you need a degree in physics and electrical engineering to understand it, and as for the stereo.....

Currently in dpress's garage:
Renault Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome