Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #86 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

I bought a 02 1.9dci Laguna just a few days ago, Its my first car and I learned to drive in a van so im delighted with it!

While having a look under the bonnet I noticed a small bit of oil weeping out of the joint between the inlet manifold and the EGR valve..

I did some googling and found these very helpful forums and this thread in particular and have been having sleepless nights since :D

I brought it to a mechanic this morning who confirmed my fears. It looks like the turbo is failing.

The car was bought privately for €2100 and a rough estimate to replace the turbo is €1000... I'm gutted, I contacted the citizens info agency and there seems to be little I can do seen as it was bought privately

I'm terrified to invest €1000 in what seems to be a very unpredictable car to say the least.. Is it worth my while approaching the seller? I feel like I was robbed but he may not have known about the fault...

And the million dollar question is how long will it last? If I continue to drive it and put in a liter of oil every few weeks because financially that may be my only option..

Thoughts condolences and donations welcome! :D
Currently in conzymaher's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome