Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II 1.9Dci rear brakes getting very hot

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II 1.9Dci rear brakes getting very hot

Hi, for the last MOT (last week) I had to change the rear drake discs, pads and calipers. I got some new discs and pads and some second hand calipers that looked to be in good condition.

I jacked the car up took the old calipers, discs and pads off and replaced with the new, then used a "GUNSONS EEZI" bleed kit to bleed the rear brakes but now the left rear discs gets hot and the right gets very very hot.

I'm 99% sure that the calipers are OK as the pistons looked in good condition and I had no problem winding them back.

Could the problem be the bleeding? A friend told me the connect the bleed kit and open one nipple at a time until the fluid ran clear without any air bubbles. Also to pump the brake paddle a couple of time to help the fluid flow. Is this right?

Should I of bled the front brakes as well? and if I have to bleed all 4 brakes what order should I bleed them in?
Currently in Paul1's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9 dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by Paul1
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Diameter of fuel line Laguna 2001 dCi 1.9 Engines Paul1 2 894 23rd April 2013 06:12 PM
Laguna II 1.9Dci rear brakes getting very hot Brakes/Hubs Ralph 6 2900 28th July 2010 11:26 AM
Heater matrix change on laguna with A/C Heating & cooling c.cooper2 17 5537 18th February 2008 05:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome