Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace running hot

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd July 2006
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
If you bought from a dealer,then they have to sort it out....

When the car is driven,the cooling fan really shouldn't be cutting in and out as the air that is going through the radiator from the car moving should be enough to keep the radiator cool.The fan is only there to cool it when the car is stationary.

The Espaces do run quite hot(there are a few people on here having the same problem),but they should not be constantly at 3/4 up the temp gauge.

What colour is the coolant in the system?.If it is a brown colour,then either the coolant hasn't been changed for some time,or there has been rad sealer put in the system.This is not good,and will cause problems similar to the ones that you are experiencing as it will block the small pipes in the cooling system and stop coolant flowing as it should.Also,if rad seal has been used,then I suspect there has been a problem in the past of the car,and this was done to mask it....

Take it back to the dealer,and if they refuse to help you,then contact trading standards in your area.I'm sure one way or the other you finally get some joy.

Let us know what happens,and don't be fobbed off by your dealer.You have been sold a car you are not happy with,it is down to them to sort it or give your money back.

Good Luck.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome