Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renaults 5 star saftey, is it really that safe?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to wizzkid36 Send a message via Skype™ to wizzkid36
Re: Renaults 5 star saftey, is it really that safe?

Originally Posted by Pat.w View Post
I don't know if its still the case, but Renault had more 5 star cars than any other manufacturer, at one point I believe there were more in the Renault range than were being produced by all of the other manufacturers put together.....

They have helped to raise the bar with standards, and as more manufacturers make safer cars to match and all end up at the top of the scale, the test specification will have to be raised to differentiate between them. That can only be a good thing for the consumer, but as Dave so rightly pointed out, you could put some people in a 70 ton battle tank, and they'd still find a way to hurt themselves
I take your points, but im sure you miss understand mine! The 5 star rating is good at 40MPH but if you look at the Lag sport tourer that hit the lorry, theres just a small dent in the lorry, but the laguna 2 body has pretty much discentergrated! The steel used in these cars is just to soft, just to protect the occupants at less speed! I think my old Volvo 440 would of done a better job, despite not having side airbags!
Currently in wizzkid36's garage:
Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 16v F4R (2004) Almond green
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome