Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renaults 5 star saftey, is it really that safe?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to wizzkid36 Send a message via Skype™ to wizzkid36
Re: Renaults 5 star saftey, is it really that safe?

Originally Posted by abou27 View Post
They're designed to crumple to absorb some of the deceleration forces.

Passenger compartments in 3rd and 4th pics look remarkly unscathed given the state of the front.

Also, it's easy to make conclusions when looking at the pics out of context. We have no idea about speeds involved, solidity of what the vehicles hit etc. The Megane may not even be a crash, maybe a 25 ton dumper truck accidentally reversed into it at a quarry or something.

Also, last pic with the Laguna. Bits have been cut off it and placed on top - not indicative of what it looked like in the immediate aftermath.

I'm pretty confident in the safety of my Laguna and feel it compares favourably to most other cars out there.
Very fair point, im not sure about the speeds here, and looking at the last pic again does reveal it has more likely bean cut (maybe to free the occupants) and had the roof removed! I own a Lag2 myslef and i guess i was just shocked at the images on one of the french renault forums! Thanks for your feedback
Currently in wizzkid36's garage:
Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 16v F4R (2004) Almond green
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome