Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 3 - Steering Arm Replacement*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2010
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Re: Espace MK3 'Inner' trackrod ball joint

Originally Posted by garygp3 View Post
Just had an MOT and failed on the N/S inner track rod ball joint. Got the kit to do the job but cant find any info on the forum about changing it. Is it a simple job?
Hi garygp3,

I had mine replaced on the drivers side last year as there was excessive play on the inner joint and as much as i do most repairs myself i gave this one to my local independent as it was in a very tight place on the drivers side but i do believe the passenger side is more accessible,

I can't say i have seen any help threads on the forum with regards to this repair?? but if you look under Laguna you might get lucky as i think they have much the same set up? failing that iam sure you will manage as the only thing that put me off doing the job was there was limited space and i didn't have the time,

Hope that helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome