Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Displaying KMH not MPH

View Single Post
post #66 of (permalink) Old 30th July 2010
Jon Beales
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Displaying KMH not MPH

Laguna 2 sports tourer.
Hi, I got an Mot coming up in a week, need a little work, bulbs, blades, check fluids etc, just a pre mot simple job. Replaced both front sidelamps, replaced both rear indicator bulbs(cos they are showing white and the paint has burnt off)
During all this maintenance job the key card was not in, and followed all steps in the renault handbook, great got all the jobs done, just need to fill up, on starting the car found I had kilometers instead of miles, no problem i thought, just find the settings in handbook and follow it. Wrong.......

Just got back from the dealers and they have quoted me £450.00 for a new dash...when i picked myself up off the floor i rushed back home and jumped on this forum and checked it out...I needed to post this because alot of these posts state the battery spikes the dash, but mine has happened without touching the battery, why are renault not dealing with this issue ? Why are these dashes so fragile ?
I have sent an email to Renault because I am not letting this go....I changed 4 lamps in my car and it could cost me 450 quid because renault have manufactured a faulty unit.
I am absolutely fuming, I mean I did the bulbs to save money.. thats a laugh innit..I will keep you posted on the email i sent to renault.
On top of that my anti polution warning is now up, is that the faulty dash or just another way of getting 85 quid out of me to plug it in..So Sucks
Currently in Jon Beales's garage:
02 Renault Laguna II 2.0 ide sports tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome