Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Whistling noise on my Renault Megane DCI

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 30th July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Whistling noise on my Renault Megane DCI

Originally Posted by Bigstu View Post
Hi JTL60

It sounds like the bearings have failed in your turbo . I would advise you not to use your car anymore, Get into a garage for repair before more damage occurs.
You will more than likley need a new Turbo , Intercooler, EGR Valve and Turbo pipes. This is a very expensive repair unless the car has warranty.
If you do carry on using the car, eventually the engine will accelerate out of control and the only way to stop it is to stall the engine to save it.
Sorry for the bad news.

accelerate out of control?????
how many turbo cars have you owned??? if the turbo goes it goes and flushes loads of metal into the car and destroyes the internals(worse case) it doesnt make te car accelerate out of control because (1)if you dont have your foot on the pedal the butterfly will close stopping any air needed geting into the inlet manifold (2)put your foot on the cluth to stop the car going fast (3) it jst woudnt anyway bacase the turbo needs exhaust gases to spool up and if you not telling the car to make more i.e. with your foot down causing more combustion it wont get any overpowering exhaust gases (4) if the turbo fails as bad as your trying to make it out to be all the turbines get destroyed aswell and the turbo wont be able to spool up from the exhaust gases cos there is nothing to catch the air and spin the spool also there is no turbinessplines on the cold side either to catch the air and chuck all the ar in needed to over boost spike. get some fact about turbos before you try to sound smart and clever.
Currently in clios-are-well-fast's garage:
520 bhp celica gt4 st205
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome