Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #153 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Hi all again, BIG PROBLEM!
Yesterday I have successfully removed EGR valve, cleaned a little bit (it wasn't very filthy), greased it up with copper paste and returned it in place. EGR was very easy to remove - couple of bangs with hammer so it would rotate and then just pulled it out - everything is in place.
However, before this I have tried to clean out inlet manifold and almost succeeded - some carbon residue still remained, but in very low quantities. There was so much of it, that I thought that inlet manifold is completely clogged.
While I was doing this, the tube out of the throttle body came out, so I just put it back in.
Afterwards, I did have some white/blue smoke, probably from the carb cleaner and a very, VERY BIG problem - the car started hesitating ie like the engine has no power at all - it doesn't seem like the same car anymore!!! Now, it does tend to go well over 2100rpm or so, when the turbo kicks in, but below it's like driving 1.0 engine... Also, now I get a LOT of black smoke when turbo kicks in.
Also, a few weeks back, I did clean turbo pressure sensor and MAF sensor and car seemed to go very well. The car started hesitating when I cleaned the inlet manifold and EGR valve.
My thoughts - I have heard that throttle body tube is under a vacuum and mine fell out and I just got it back - Problem?
Also the wires coming into EGR are somewhat damaged (isolation is shot on the orange wire, but it's only one wire - no short circuits), but this was not the problem before, since it was like that for 2 years or so...
At this point, I'm open to any suggestions - car was working fine before I cleaned EGR , and afterwards they are just... well, broken. Please help!
Currently in jimmy274's garage:
2007 Renault Megane II 1.6 16v Grandtour
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome