Independent Renault Forums banner

Megane II boot release mechanism fail

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  owenstringer 
#1 ·
Hi, have searched other threads but havent found one which will help my situation...

Just bought an 03 megane dCi, had some trouble opening boot when viewing but the owner went straight up to it and opened straight away. I presumed I was being useless and went away happy, but tried again to open when we got home and found it impossible. The button seems to be missing from inside the rubber cover... when you press your finger up it goes up a really long way and you can feel sharp metal connectors inside. It doesnt work from the button on the key card, I have managed to open it once by getting a metal screwdriver inside the rubber cover and making a connection manually, but this was more luck than judgement and am finding it difficult to make it happen again!

2 questions - 1. is there a manual override somewhere, where I can use the key to open the boot?
2. do I need to replace the whole mechanism or can I just get a new 'button' to put over the connectors (seeing as the solenoid seems to be working fine, kind of) and if so does anyone have a linky to help me buy one pls?

Have searched the web for the part but just keep coming up with offers for scenic boot buttons (which I wish I had found 2 months ago when the button popped out of our old scenic)

thanks in advance for help.

Jo

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello there, there is no overide as far as i am aware, u can open the boot from inside the boot. its defonatly just your switch that is causing the problem, i had the same problem with water ingress. to romove the switch you have to remove the panel from he inside of the boot and then remove the bottom part of the boot buy unsrewing it with star shape driver, it may be that you can repair your button but im sure they ae not to expensive from renault and they really are easy to replace, if you need a more detailed intruction on how to remove the switch please post back asking and ile be happy to help. owen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.