Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Beware the MOT, a story of 4 garages

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2010
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: Beware the MOT, a story of 4 garages

Originally Posted by my-blue-espace View Post
madnoel10, I absolutely agree, however I have been unhappy with the first garage for some time and had asked the opinion of one of my neighbours who I knew used the same garage and he had also lost faith in their judgment. That's what really what spurred me on to check.

Just to clarify I would never recommend anyone try multiple garages to get a MOT. If your vehicle has a problem you need to get it fixed and in my case I was satisfied with the second opinion and MOT pass and feel confident the car is safe.

If a wheel drops of tomorrow I will let you know ;-)
I see your point but did the first garage explain exactly why they deemed the steering to be unsafe or did you ask to see what they spotted.

Also if you or your neighbour feel the garage in question is either untrustworthy or incompetent why not report them to VOSA who have responsibilty for overseeing such standards.

After all if you bought something from a shop which tried to palm you off with unsuitable or dodgy goods would you not report then to Consumer Active or local Trading Standards.

In my opinion these type of establishments will continue to get away with it as long as we let them. Or in the words of the Tooting Popular Front - power to the people.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome