Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Beware the MOT, a story of 4 garages

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Re: Beware the MOT, a story of 4 garages

On the flip side of this story, I have a friend who asked me to take a look at their newly purchased Golf. It had been supplied with a full years' MOT.
On the whole it was a very tidy car. Mechanically sound, but ............ there was a hole in the floor under the front passenger seat you could put your fist through. The edges of the hole had a significant amount of rust evident so it wasn't a fresh "injury."
The garage claimed he must have done it himself. Now, bearing in mind he'd only owned the car for less than 24hrs, this was a tad far fetched. It looked like someone had tried to lift the car with a trolley jack, but had missed the jacking point ..... by about a foot !
We spoke to our local VOSA station who took a look at the car and agreed with our findings. Funny how the garage responded once VOSA were on their case. Their attitude changed immediately. The damage was repaired and was inspected by VOSA before the car was returned. Their inspector reckoned they would be getting a few dummy cars sent through that particular garage so they could keep an eye on them.
Most garages know they cannot afford to lose the income generated by being an MOT station so are terrified of VOSA.

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome