Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #87 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

Originally Posted by Bigstu View Post
I'v heard so many problems with the turbo breaking down on the laguna's MK2 engine. It's kinda making me worry about my 2.2 DCI , Just one day I guess it will happen to me. I'v heard that it's down to the bearings Seizing up within the turbo diverting all the oil from the sump into the induction system, basically the engine eating it's self. I'v learned that once the turbo fails that the only way to stop the engine is to stall it before the engine runs on pure oil and destroys it. Not the best way to test your reaction against loud bangs and clouds of smoke but could save your engine's life. If this is a common fault which it is and has been for a while. Why haven't these cars been recalled to have a modified turbo fitted, if it is the turbo that is, but this is what is failing, Right. Are modified or stronger turbo 's being fitted to laguna's that have suffered the Big Bang, I guess not. There must be a solution for this???
Apart from buying a different car
Hi. I have a 2004 laguna 2 dci 2.2 with a turbo which fails after 3 -5 mintues
driving. Can this be repaired easily? Does this mean a new turbo ? Do I need a new intercooler with a new turbo necessarily? Hope to hear from you.
I m in France and the car is a diesel with 86,000 miles.
Currently in shootgreen's garage:
2004 laguna 2 estate/break 2.2 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome