Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to change front discs and pads(with pics)

View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 4th August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How to change front discs and pads(with pics)

Originally Posted by central161 View Post
hi Chris i have the same problem the right hand side squeels so much sometimes that is quite embarrising what a did do was take the wheel off and carefully and standing quite away blasted the caliper and brake pad with the jet washer for a few seconds ,didn't have any squeel now for about two weeks .from what i read in the forums is quite common for renaults to squeel ,and i read that some even went as far as contacting renault CS but to be honest i don't thing that there is much you can do if mine gets to bad i wind the window up and turn the volume on my radio and try to forget about it.

Good excuse to turn the rock n roll up.

My pads aren't squealing, but with the original pads on, there was a horrible sort of rumbling noise, which I am used to from the steel backing of the pads touching the disc or something, which is why I was so keen on getting the replacement pads on as quickly as possible. However, as I said, there was still a good third of pad still on, so am a bit startled that it was making that noise.

Anyway, can happily report now that with replacement pads on and system bled, brakes are smooth and quiet, although I have detected a slow speed squeal of late, but not always, so I may just do the high jet water treatment this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.
Currently in ChrisTarby's garage:
Modus Dynamique 1.4, Ford Pickup, Jeep Grand Cherokee
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome