Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1.9 Dci

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Some of the Volvo and Peugeot models pull that stunt: The in-dash CD player is also the CD reader for the sat-nav, and the only practical way to use the system is to have a changer for your music discs so that you can leave the nav disc permanently loaded. Fortunately, Renault have yet to jump on that particular bandwagon.

On the L2 phase 1, the reader in the bottom of the glovebox is dedicated to the sat-nav and totally independent of the stereo system (other than sharing the display.) In the dash, you should have a radio/CD head unit (I don't think they did radio/cassette on any of the L2's, but I could be wrong) and in the boot you should have a 6 disc changer on Privilege and Initiale models. I think it was a factory option on other models in the range. If you're not sure of your model, check the door handles: The Privilege and Initiale were the only ones to have aluminium effect ones - other models in the range all had body coloured or plain black ones.

In any case, there should be a CD slot in the in-dash player, directly below the sat-nav control panel. If there isn't, then it sounds like someone has fitted an after-fit stereo, or pinched the CD player and swapped it for a radio/cassette before getting rid of the car.

I wouldn't be surprised if the changer had suffered a similar fate. Have a look at the passenger side boot lining and you may find an opening flap, slightly smaller than the average letterbox. If it's there, then there should be a CD changer behind it.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome