Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic brakes - whossing noise fron master cylinder - poor stopping

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Scenic brakes - whossing noise fron master cylinder - poor stopping

Recenlty had new turbo , intercooler - then finally new bottom end. After six months got the 30K miles scenic back and brakes are pretty crap. Fluid was leaking and the ABS warning light was on. Had it reset and it came on again indicating a problem. Took it back to the garage and the guy got both front wheels off and messed around with a screw driver - what exactly he did not tell me as I demanded he sort it and blocked both his MOT ramps off - this is the guy I waiting six months to repair the scenic
- nightmare really.

The master cylinder is visible'ish from under the dash of the passenger side and when brakes are applied it makes a whooshing sounds and the same when you release - just like wind noise. I could put up with the sound but the breaking distance is a real joke. the brakes actuall work but not as they should do, only really fully acting at the end of the braking distance, if that makes sense.

The pedal is ok but when stationary and held down - it slowly goes down, not all the way but still - not sure if this is right.

Checked fluid level which is OK and no leaks now. Should I bleed them and if so would anyone recommend a sequence or start on any wheel? Any other tips, done this before on various older motors - the Scenic is 2004 1.9 dci 120

5 Lastest Threads by paulwhale
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic brakes - whossing noise fron master... Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 4 4066 4th August 2010 10:50 AM
Full service = oil out of grill = turbo gone Engines madnoel10 21 5012 20th April 2010 12:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome