View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2006
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
fault code stored

Originally Posted by bbrinkw
Hi, recently bought Laguna II Dynamique 2001 1.9TDI diesel. Spent 800 in Renault garage for service (97,000 miles) and sort out air conditioning, and other bits.

Spent another small fortune for clutch/flywheel/brakes. So I havent got any more money to spend.

The car was on idle for 8 minutes with the air conditioning on low setting and fan on four. The car cut out but started straight away. But now I have the Red STOP on constantly with the red engine symbol flashing, too.

I need my car for work, and its a big worry. I have done about 300 miles with the red symbols light up. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi two options 1.
disconnect the battery for half an hour so it resets everything make sure you have radio code this will reset ecu see if you get fault light again .

Take it back to the garage it should have a fault code stored if it is anything to do with the work they have done tell them to sort it .

I would take it back if it was me and ask for a courtesy car the amount of money you have spent there they should look after you .

800 pound service whats that all about ???

Have they rebuilt the engine ?
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome