Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2007 TRAFIC 2 litre Clutch & Damper Woes

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2007 TRAFIC 2 litre Clutch & Damper Woes

Ahhhh I bow to your knowledge on that - have no idea on the inner workings of the gerabox on the Trafic. From my brief visits under the bonnet it's downright scary how much can be shoved into such a small space and manu things remain out of sight (which is fine by me). I had noticed the reports of sticking pedals but had not experienced it myself so it could well be their attempt at a solution, Having driven many other vans I still rate the Trafic as one of the nicest experiences, the power, ride and economy is second to none, but they seriously let themselves down on support. So far a tow truck and 3 days of rentals for a warranty repair has easily added another 200 pounds (at a rough conversion of dollars to pounds) to my costs.
On brakes you may well be correct though friends of mine have shown me through the differences in heat dispersement test results of various materials used for brakes and the clearly without asbestos in them modern pad materials are far softer and wear so much quicker. Find it hard to believe though someone can't come up with an asbestos alternative that would allow harder disc rotors and pad combinations. Or is it all a plot to get more dollars from our pockets ? HaHa
Currently in stormtigers's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome