Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - wierd brakes after repair

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2010 Thread Starter
Anders Krog
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down wierd brakes after repair

i just had my 2.0 RXi Scenic for repairs today. the rear calibre was stuck. anyway had them both changed and though everything was good until i drove it home. now the hand break can move almost all the way up, it does brake but can be lifted really high and it feels like you are pulling it out of a big ball of gum.
also the foot brake if funny. its not nearly as aggressive as before and it also has a funny feel to it. it does again break and if you pump it up and start the car it will drop. i just dont feel like it hits a hard point. and last if i push the brake like half way down really fast it feels like it brakes and then partly let go again.

any good ideas to what it can be? my first thought was air in the system but why does the handbrake then act funny.

oh yes forgot to say that the diameter of the calipers they put on is to big so its touching the weights on the rims.... my 3 year old kid could have done a better job on this repair.
Currently in Anders Krog's garage:
2000 Renaualt Scenic 2.0 RXi
  5 Lastest Threads by Anders Krog
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
wierd brakes after repair Brakes/Hubs Anders Krog 9 1876 9th August 2010 07:57 PM
Finally a good forum Welcome to RenaultForums davesss 6 1084 9th August 2010 07:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome