Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
second turbo knackered

Can anyone help? Coming home from the shops quite a few weeks ago the turbo started whistling quite loud but the speed was not in line with the turbo . 5min later the power went and all i could do was get it home in 1st and second gear, then fuel injection fault came up. Took to garage where they replaced the turbo and nothing else did not even clean the pipes 5 miles back from the garage the car did exactly the same as first time, smoke billowing out again. Brought a new turbo and changed everything oil , intercooler, pipes and i think they changed the egr valve aswell but not sure! this time approx 15miles later, exactly the same as first time. As i am not certain whether they replaced the egr valve could this have done it again in such a short space of time or is it something else. I really am on a tight budget hence it did not go to renault in the first place.Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome