Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

Hi, I am on a mission: I left my car unused for a couple of weeks and now have a couple of electrical issues, the air flap is the first. Now i've got my haynes manual and looking to fix. Regarding flap: I poked around just now looking at state of everything: in fuse box i saw a fuse for the air recirculation system, took it out and turned ignition: no noise, no recirculation motor kicking in. I put fuse back in, in case i'm being stupid, like disactivating the air con as well, but the normal fan was fine. But, is it a fix or no? Would any other problems arise from pulling fuse out permanently?

P.S. at the same time, my cd player started jumping through songs, my electric driver window crunched and stopped working, will go down but not up, windscreen wiper jets stopped spraying? thought maybe a rat had chewed through wires, but all related motors seem to be kicking in so can't be a power issue?

Oh PPS: I just moved abroad, Need to change my headlights to point right: Am about to change for New French Headlights, I can't repair this problem can I? As in I need new units?? Plus looking to change spark plugs, oil and filters as it's been a while. Might be using these forums a fair few times in the near future!!! First time for everything!

Anyway off to buy some bits,
Thankyou in advance of any reply or help on my issues!

Currently in sinip's garage:
1999 megane coupe 1.6, picasso 2001 1.8
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome