Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus - how/where to fit roof bars?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Modus - how/where to fit roof bars?

I have an 05 plate Modus Dynamique 1.6 Auto and I would like to fit roof bars and a roof box to it. This is my first car and I've never done this type of thing before I've looked at the car and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to fit them - there is a very narrow lip between the rubber door seals and the roof - do they fix to there? I'm worried the paintwork is going to get damaged. I've found an online retailer who can supply Thule roof bars (which I understand are the best), the fitting instructions don't seem to be very clear (just diagrams). I don't really want to take it to the Renault dealer to get their bars as they'll be overpriced! Any advice please?
Currently in Tykelass's garage:
2005 Renault Modus Dynamique 1.6 Auto A/C
  5 Lastest Threads by Tykelass
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Modus - how/where to fit roof bars? Bodywork Tykelass 5 5104 14th August 2010 04:20 PM
Modus - Emission Warning Light/Toxic Fume Light... Engines Lagdti 11 9588 26th September 2007 09:00 PM
Need a child car seat Cars & motoring Truckbusuk 4 2032 2nd August 2007 09:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome