Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Scenic 1.9 dCi

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2002 Scenic 1.9 dCi

Hey Noel

I hope you can help, I've given the EGR a second clean up this afternoon including the chamber which was mucky. This time I decided to take the airbox off too just to have a look and flicking through the Haynes manual decided to purge the diesel filter as a 'routine maintenance' type thing.

Only thing is, the Scenic dCi isn't specifically mentioned in the process as it doesn't have a priming bulb and is not a standard injection model. One of those scenarios where you read and read and run out of options :/

Anyway, I decided to loosen the bleed valve on the underside of the filter to see what happened and as far as I could hear, only air came out. I left it alone despite it supposedly being only a 1 spanner difficulty task!

Just tried to drive the car and it wont go above 3200 rpm with absolutely no power at all Seems like the ECu has gone into limp mode? I did leave the battery connected whilst taking the EGR out (and hance disconnecting the electrical terminal from this and the airflow meter). Could this be the problem or have I let air into the filter and this is giving me jip?

Suggestions really appreciated while I still have daylight to sort this out!

Currently in Carlos777uk's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome