Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Garage charges

Thread: Garage charges
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Garage charges

Can anyone tell me how much a garage should charge to fit a steering lock on a 2004 Scenic, I have posted a similar post before but Im now being hit with more astronomical bills for repair. The scenic was taken to a dealer with a diagnosed steering lock fault, they have charged me for putting it on their computer finding no fault and then diagnosing a steering lock fault and fitting the part. 575 plus vat

The last bill was 275 for a temp repair to the wiring loom the fan kept on running the "repair" was a cable tie to a loom connector behind the ECU

three seperate repairs to the wiring loom to the heater resistor , done at my request because I was going to be charged 8 hrs labour to replace the actual resistor, this was eventually replaced at 2 hrs labour, did it myself in my other scenic in 45 mins,

there have been other repairs which Im just finding reciepts for. The Scenic was my third brand new car bought from the same dealer, who is 80 miles away and was always used for servicing etc despite the fact he managed to register it on 28 Feb the day before the new registrations. The faults seem to be common and well known to renault owners and forum users despite the fact that the garages diagnostic computer cant pick up any fault, this seems to be common every time the car was sent to the garage.

I expect to pay for parts and reasonable labour but this is getting out of hand is there anyone I can complain to or is there a site to give me approved labour times/prices for these repairs or do you think these prices and times are justified? or is it not worth fighting it or complaining
Currently in kererra's garage:
Scenic II
  5 Lastest Threads by kererra
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Fog lights Electronics kererra 2 804 10th February 2013 05:49 PM
Garage charges Cars & motoring kererra 11 2495 14th August 2010 10:11 PM
Scenic II dashboard Electronics kererra 2 1696 15th February 2010 05:43 PM
Land Rover Freelander - Poor starting from Cold Other makes kererra 7 5824 23rd January 2010 08:54 AM
Caravan Towing Towing & Touring Club Horatio 4 2922 9th December 2009 02:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome