Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Wheels and Tyres - Brake Problems when new

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Ok car went in yesterday to a new garage - Waters in Harpenden. Not a sales site purely a garage / workshop.

They have changed the dephazer pulley which as prevopusly mentioned to do with oil pressure and the VVT system. The guy new exactly what we were talking about when we booked the car in and had all the parts including the cam kit on site ready. We had a good chat when i picked the car up and to get an idea for those outside warranty the renault warranty cost is approx £400 hence cost to a customer I would suggest will be higher. CAr performance seems vastely improved and it now doesn't stall when we start it up

They checked the brakes because we were getting the noise and reduced braking. They have cleaned them all up and confirmed minimal disk wear & 50% left on the pads (which at 20K aint bad). The brakes still make the noise but the braking is definitely improved hence could well be dust

All done under warranty

Great garage guys i shant be going anywhere else
Currently in ggsumo's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.6 VVT & 1998 Renault Laguna 1.8 RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome